Many moons ago (Oct 2012), my friend and I went to spain…..
One of the stops on the 7 day road trip was Martin Berasategui one great Basque chefs
We don’t follow exactly the same menu as my lactose intolerance caused extra work for the kitchen.
Enjoy the pictures and sorry for the delay.
|Grimau – a little bubbly|
|Sour dough bread|
|A 2006 bottle of Finca Villacreces|
|The Great Tasting Menu|
|1995 Mille-Feuille of Smoked Eel, Foie-gras and Green Apple|
|2001 Squid soup, Creamy Squid, ink ravioli served with squid crouton|
|2011 Oyster with cucumber, kafir and coconut|
|2 good wines and sensibly priced too|
|1995 Seasonal vegtables|
|Smoked fish snout with liquid chilli|
|Warm Vegetable Salad|
|2011 Roast red mullet with crystals|
|2011 Grilled Sirloin “LVISMI”|
|2012 Melon with Caipirinha|
|Two superstars – Martin and Jesper 🙂|
|Fruit salad for I|
|Carlou I Brandy|
|Petit four for the cofee|
|And an extra glass of wine.. just because you can…|
|To me a sizable bill…. but you gotta live while you can|
- Many similarities to La Vie in style and presentation
- A few dishes had more show in texture and design.. than taste
- Nice wine list.. extensive and affordable.
- Book tables for 1330, We were first in the restaurant
- And coming back.. grateful for ordering a Taxi